- The standards will initially define a consistent approach for auditing — and later, for product testing and claim substantiation.
- The Global Retailer and Manufacturer Alliance is creating consensus-based manufacturing standards for four industry sectors.
- Get results through a more nuanced approach to cost containment.
- Boomers tastes and eating habits are evolving to match their changing health and wellness needs.
- Private brands have "permission" to stretch, but must maintain their foothold in areas of strength.
- Today's tiered approach to private brand programs might be clear from a retailer's perspective, but consumers could use some help in understanding the concept and the benefits.
- Retailers must find ways to positively disrupt customers' shopping routines to put a spotlight on private brands and drive customer engagement.
- Mike Eardley, president and CEO of the IDDBA, shares some insights about the association's new "Safe Food Matters! Focus on Listeria" training program for retailers, manufacturers and wholesalers.
- Consumers want greater transparency due to product recalls, allergy scares and harmful additives in many foods.